On my last post, I ranted about the flood of spam comments that Akismet was piling up in my spam folder each day, and that I didn’t know why (only guessed at it). I was getting tired of it and the waste of time having to clear it all.
Then a friend of mine, Paul, stopped by and left a comment recommending that I try a plugin designed to stop the kind of spam I was experiencing. So I located it on the WordPress plugin depository and installed it. Low and behold, it worked! Since I have installed the plugin, gasp, even my spam folder has been quiet. I have had only 1 spam comment in a week compared to hundreds I was getting in a 24 hour period. Thank you, Paul!
But as science has proven over time, with each action comes an equal and opposite reaction. After the activation of gasp plugin, my security plugin started emailing me about problems with changes being constantly made by the gasp plugin. Now I started getting loads of email notifications to my inbox. Solution, I uploaded another security plugin that I have used on other sites of mine, and uninstalled the first one. Problem solved. No more security notification emails, and I still have security on my blog. Oh, and no more floods of spam.
Now onto my main topic, solo ads. After experiencing difficulties reaching providers, I was given the names of several other providers (thank you), found a few more promising ones on my own, and oh, one of the problematic providers did get back in touch with me. Apologetically, he informs me at the time I sent my first email to reach him, he was testing out a virtual assistant program that wasn’t doing a very good job. It responded with a canned message which totally ignored what I had requested.
So he personally contacted me, we sorted out what I was looking for, and then he looked into it and I ended up buying 100 clicks from him. At the time, I was also negotiating with another provider whom I ended up buying 100 clicks from him. This second provider started running the ads yesterday and finished up this morning. The third provider started running my solo ads today. Here are my results so far (100 clicks ordered from each one):
- Provider 1: 110 hits, 29 opt-ins, 0 sales. Results – 26.36% opt-in rate @ $2.41 per opt-in
- Provider 2: 115 hits, 46 opt-ins, 0 sales. Results – 40% opt-in rate @ $1.74 per opt-in
- Provider 3 (under-way): 50 hits, 30 opt-ins, 0 sales. Initial results – 60% opt-in rate @ n/a
Interestingly enough, the second provider was the most expensive one for 100 clicks, and the third provider by far the lowest priced, but is performing the best so far up to this point in the campaign.
Also, I sent all prospects to the iPro partnership offer link which would account for the no initial sales. I am hopeful that the sales funnel will work as touted, and I will eventually see sales from it. I pushed my financial resources to the limit for these ads and need sales to replenish it. Otherwise, I will have to completely revert back to the “free” traffic methods until I can start making something, or die from starvation in the process (okay, I exaggerated a bit here, but it is serious for me to start making money now!).
I was also given a word of good advice when it came to buying solo ads that came from two other individuals. That is to only get 50 click solo ads at a time because you will get a better over delivery of clicks, and can spread out the campaign over a wider group of people. Also getting five different providers of 50 ads gives better results than one 250 click provider normally would do. Makes sense to me. When I can replenish my cash position, that is just what I am going to do. Until next time!