Activity Report for October 2017
Ouch! October was a big disappointment. Higher expenses and lower income revenue for the month. Also web traffic dropped across the board for all my websites.
Only Amazon sales continue to be my source of income for the month. All my other affiliate revenue sources remain dead. Traditionally October has been a so-so month, up one year – down the next.
However, I did not add other affiliate products to my sites as planned. And even though there is no guarantee this would have increased sales, at least it adds more opportunity.
This month’s income was just over $30. And this all came from one website. Out of the 10 months completed for the year, October ranked sixth overall. Two months left to turn it around.
This month, I had purchases made expenses. I got a new webcam, tripod, and headset to complete a video challenge I had set for myself. This improved my live and recorded video capabilities. But it also added to the bulk of my monthly expenses.
Service expenses were slightly less for the month. In addition to the typical Internet service, a domain renewal came due. At least I have no more domain renewals or hosting service fees left to pay.
And finally, I gave a donation to a worthwhile cause.
Overall, my total expenses for October were $138.18. This was higher than last month’s expenses.
With the higher expenses and lower income, I had a loss of about $108. Again, I entirely missed my targeted goal for the month.
I still have some glitches with Google analytics. One site reported no stats for a week on Google. Yet the web host internal analytics (Webalizer and Awstats) showed a normal range of web traffic to that site. And this was to a site that I normally don’t have these issues.
As a result, my average web traffic decreased for the month by about 16%. I will continue using Google analytics for the remainder of the year. However, I will be looking to make tracking changes for the beginning of next year!
Again, the number of blog posts dropped for the month (by 25%). However, I did update a number of product reviews for two of my sites. And I added more product reviews to another site.
My one email list increased by several subscribers, and it is managed by a third party. However, I have not gotten my email marketing efforts for my other two lists off the ground. This issue needs to be addressed for November.
And I should have launched two more niche sites by now (annual goals). Because they are still on the back burner, I am not earning the revenue planned for this time. However it is hard to begin new sites when there are issues with some of my current active sites!
Here is my latest activity report for October 2017 online business results shown below:
|website||earned||price||% of sale|
|purchases made||-$76.91||Video Equipment|
|services rendered||-$49.75||Internet services + domain renewal|
|blog posts & reviews||03||-25% decrease|
|page views (avg per site)||304.3||-15.78% decrease|
|EMAIL LISTS:||month's sign-ups||total subscribers|
End of activity report for October 2017.