Activity Report for January 2017

Activity Report for January 2017

In a nutshell, this January sucked when compared to last January 2016. In fact, when compared to any month in 2016. Yet it was a tad better than January 2015.


When it came to percentage of commission earned, it was the lowest it’s even been at just 4%. That’s the lowest it can go. Hopefully now that I’ve hit rock bottom for January, the only way I can go from here on is up!

Earnings were miserable! I had only ONE commission sale for the entire month. Then I discovered at the beginning of this month a major reason why this was the case. Two of my main income earning niche sites stopped working correctly. When either of these sites were reduced to mobile or tablet size, the links didn’t work! And the theme was responsive. But when you clicked on a link to read the review, that didn’t work either. Major Problem!

Changes within the last WordPress upgrade effected how this (free) theme worked. And the time this theme was last updated  was in 2014. Since the upgrade, the links in resized mode simply stopped working. I even tried to contact the theme developer with no avail. So the only other option was to change the theme for each sites. Set-up is still under way for these sites.


I had 2 domain name renewals along with Whois guard for the month. And of course I paid Internet provider services that I’ve missed reporting in the past. Actually this is a reimbursement that covers the business part of my utility bill. It pays for 90% of the Internet portion of the bill because that’s at least what is used by my business.

Almost had an additional expense if I would have added an autoresponder service. Even though it is in the works, I wasn’t ready to implement it yet.

I will also have to pay to have my taxes done. I normally use an online service provider. But I may have to switch this year since they had a major price increase.

Bottom Line

Because of increased expenses and a reduction in income, I experienced a loss for January of $60.76. This isn’t a major loss, but it is still a loss. Things like this seem to have a negative impact on me.

However since I’m in the process of restructuring all of my current websites, and reviewing my offers, I should get back on track.

Tracking Stats

With all the site changes and developing my 2017 operation and marketing plans, I didn’t get much time to write reviews or blog posts. In fact, I only got 6 published which is a whopping 86% drop from last month!

Also, the average weekly page views dropped significantly for the month at a 27% decrease. Having less web traffic can effect the amount of sales that I have experienced. Along with that statistic, my bounce rates across the board jumped on average for each site. I’m still working on fine tuning Google Analytics.

For now, my email marketing efforts are dead. Once my current site renovations are done, then I can get back with building my lists. Obviously, this is another reason for poor January sales stats and zero subscriber increase. I not even sure if my TSA list number is still valid. Only time will tell once I resume my email marketing efforts.

Until then, here is my recent activity report for January 2017 online business results below:






$68.97 4.00%










Purchases made


Services rendered








month loss

blog posts & reviews


-85.73% decrease

page views/avg per site


-26.75% decrease

0 / 0

(2 different lists)

total subscriber



About Michel

Michel has been actively involved online since 2009. He started Glowball Web Network in October of 2011. He has broad experience including what he achieved from many of the online training programs he’s taken over the years. He’s knows what works and doesn’t work and is willing to share his knowledge with you on this site and partner sites. More importantly, he continually to stay updated since it’s always changing!
Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.

  • ampoffer