Activity Report for April 2018
In the past several years, April has always been my best month for the year. But not this year! In fact, so far it’s my worst month. Yet I still made a few sales from a surprising source that’s been quiet for some time.
This month, I had three sources of income. Of course, one was Amazon again. But another one was from an affiliate promotion that I added during last month. Also my overall earning commission percentage average was the highest for the year at 22.9%.
I had the same amount of sales as last month, but with lower priced items. So my total earned commission for the month was just $43.80. And this is the second month in a row that my top website didn’t make any sales! This has me a bit worried. Also I sorely missed the set monthly sales goal for April by about 92% again.
April’s expense were somewhat higher than last month. Yet they remain manageable.
I had another domain renewal, along with an SSL certificate for that site. This accounted for about half of my monthly expenses.
Of course my other monthly expense was to my Internet service provider.
Long story short, April’s expenses ended up totaling just under $59. Like I said, manageable!
With higher expenses and lower commissions, April experienced a LOSS. Although not damaging, it still is about a $15 loss. The end of April marked a third of the year gone already. However it just means I’ll need to do a better job for the remaining months to come.
Google analytics continues to frustrate me! Two of my sites showed no visitors according to Google for the entire month. Yet when I installed a new plugin that pulls info from Google, it showed a different picture. I had visitors, and not just bots. However even when I added this traffic, the overall traffic average to my sites had dropped in April.
The overall web traffic report results from analytics showed a loss of nearly 23%. Yet 3 of my active websites are still not being indexed. When they are added, hopefully my web traffic stats will improve.
Earlier I had mentioned that my top earning site was no longer making sales. There is a big reason for it! Several years back, I had purchased a premium theme for it. Everything worked well and I had a number of custom pages and posts.
Then at the end of February, the theme no longer worked. This was due to the creator’s of the theme shutting down their website. The theme was connected to that site for license verification. When the site ended, so did the license verification and the theme no longer worked correctly.
So I had to find a replacement, disable the majority of my posts and pages, until I can change over each one. I only have another 186 posts to convert at about 1 hour per conversion. And with so much available time running 11 other sites, gives me all the time I need to do it. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
On the bright side of things, I finally got my email marketing platform setup for one of my sites. In addition, the hosting site that holds my subscribers finally converted over to SSL. This makes it more secure with less problems when someone signs up to a list and hits enter.
Now at last, the latest online business activity report for April 2018 as shown below:
|website||earned||price||% of sale|
|services rendered||-$58.92||Domain & SSL renewal, Internet services|
|blog posts & reviews||36||28.6% increase|
|page views (avg per site)||208.6||22.8% decrease|
|EMAIL LISTS:||month's sign-ups||total subscribers|
End of activity report for April 2018.