It Wasn’t an Awesome Week

Past Week in Review

past-week-in-reviewIt has been awhile since my last published post on this site. It wasn’t an oversight on my part, just that I have been heavily focused with working on a new site called The Smart Affiliate. The majority of my efforts and time has gone into this project, and much has been accomplished with it.

However, when some of the main features I wanted did not work correctly, and when I finally got them to work, it ends up they would not integrate with the rest of the features, which in turn forced me back to the drawing board.

The biggest issue I have been dealing with involves a particular plugin that refuses to work (doesn’t even play nice) with hosting companies or other plugins. This plugin is an well known and has become a highly disliked autoresponder plugin I bought this past April.

Because of this one plugin, I’ve had to switch hosting companies, tried a variety of plugins that would integrate with it, and even followed all the suggestions given by the plugin’s vendor with the same negative result… it’s broken!

After soft launching thesmartaffiliate.com this past Monday, I believed that I could get this plugin to work. I invested time most of this past week working on it just to discover that the plugin is riddled with SQL syntax errors preventing it from working correctly.

What is even more frustrating was the vendor kept giving me the run-a-round providing more blame than solutions (kept blaming everything else). Once I turned on the debugging function in WordPress, it immediately became apparent which plugin was the problem, the one creating all the issues, it was the autoresponder plugin of course!

What really gripes my is for over the last month, everything I was doing and the time I invested on this new site hinged on the promised ability of this plugin. But it miserably fails to do what it is suppose to do. I wasted weeks of time with it and have lost more hair than I can afford to lose because I kept pulling it out with my frustration.

But all is not lost. After I deactivated and uninstalled that plugin, everything else on the site worked again. I now have a working site, but need a working solution to capture visitors which is a working autoresponder without having to break the bank.

Yesterday, I was determined to have this issue resolved, one way or another. Since the plugin vendor hasn’t followed up with me after I sent them indisputable proof of their plugin errors, I ended up removing the plugin which was upsetting because I literally lost weeks of work in a single moment.

To resolve my issue, I signed back up with the third party autoresponder and email service I have used in the past to assure that my sales funnel is back in place. I don’t like the monthly fees or rapidly scaling prices charged as your list grows. To me it is like a penalty fee to pay just for building a business when the need for cash-flow is critical.

It is issues like this that really put my resolve for running a business to the test. I know others who would have quit by now. But I see light in the distance and know with consistency and determination, I will be victorious… and so can you.

About Michel

Michel has been actively involved online since 2009. He started Glowball Web Network in October of 2011. He has broad experience including what he achieved from many of the online training programs he’s taken over the years. He’s knows what works and doesn’t work and is willing to share his knowledge with you on this site and partner sites. More importantly, he continually to stay updated since it’s always changing!
Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed